- Conserves two ecotypes by implementing sound conservation measures where they will best improve habitat function and where they are most likely to achieve durable conservation benefit.
- Capitalizes on existing collaborative partnerships, implements across public and private properties, supports management with effective monitoring and reporting, and uses adaptive management to improve conservation benefit.
Conservation Strategy Outline
- The Conservation Strategy integrates conservation effort across jurisdictions in the context of the mineral estate and foreseeable development. An implementing Memorandum of Understanding and three Conservation Agreements communicate the strategy:
- Candidate Conservation Agreement with Assurances (CCAA) for private lands
- Candidate Conservation Agreement (CCA) for lands with a Federal nexus (e.g., permit or lease)
- Conservation Agreement (CA) to address future development of the mineral estate within potential mineral development areas.